So, today saw an announcement from le mighty Deftones regarding...a new album, due out November 12! Excitement abounds, because I LOVE Deftones. The name's a bit of a, well, 'wtf?' moment;
Koi No Yokan
Maybe they've been to the Coldplay School Of Album Naming? But that is where I end my comparisons with them...my hatred of Coldplay is quite vehement and I don't want to tar Deftones with the same brush.
But the point of this is to highlight an ever-growing list of albums that I'm ridiculously excited for that are due out before the end of 2012. And the nominees are:
- Gallows - 'Gallows'
- Muse - 'The 2nd Law'
- Biffy Clyro - 'Opposites'
- Rolo Tomassi - 'Astraea'
- The Killers - 'Battle Born'
- Coheed & Cambria - 'The Afterman: Ascension'
- Neurosis - 'Honor Found In Decay'
- The alleged new Queens Of The Stone Age album, which may or may not be released this year...
- And I'm sure, even more to be found as I get into more bands. I'm going to need a bigger iPod...