Wednesday 26 December 2012

BEST LIVE BAND OF 2012

As I mentioned when I originally published my list of awards, the Best Live Band one is even more limited than most because it only takes in who I've been to see this year, which is probably not as many as I'd have liked. So this is a little arbitrary.

In fact, I've searched the history of reviews I've written this year, and there's 1 worth including here. The other 2 were Labrinth and Newton Faulkner, who, to their credit, were very good, but a bit out of place. I also saw the rather epic Muse in October, at Madrid's Palacio de Deportes, but I still haven't got round to writing the review, and I may never. It was an amazing show, but my Best Live Band of 2012 award goes to...

MARMOZETS!

I saw them just the once, supporting Young Guns back in March at the Norwich Arts Centre. Young Guns were great, but special mention is reserved for the 'Zets, who played an awesome set despite being largely unknown by the crowd, had mental energy and capped it off by jumping in the crowd for their final song. Read the full review here.

So I wholeheartedly recommend seeing them when you can, you'll nae regret it.

So here's your trophy, the first theNOISE Best Live Band digi-trophy. Congrats.

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment