Monday 10 December 2012

SO I'VE BEEN A TAD QUIET.

I keep making grand statements about revamping the blog, getting going again, only for it not to happen. Partially, I blame my computer, for working then not working then (currently) working again, though I'm not optimistic. I also blame (not quite the right sentiment) everything I've been doing here in Spain - travelling, working - basically, a lifestyle change that's pushed this, my baby, out of the way. And I'm happy to let it do so. 

BUT! I'm used to my new lifestyle now, and I'm dialling in how to make the time to do everything that I want to do, which includes trying to get this above and beyond its' former 'glory'. Think of it as a pre-emptive New Year's Resolution if you will; 2013 will be the year I start actually doing things and not procrastinating. Not all the time anyway. 

My aims, as ever, are simple. Post more. Expand. I may start vlogging, might be a fun experiment. If I invest in a new laptop that could handle such demanding tasks as video filming/editing. Anyway, I have one final act for 2012, to round off the year- ironically one of the things that made me start a blog on Tumblr, 2 and a half years ago, the first incarnation of what you're now reading - it's the first theNOISE Music Awards!

Keeping it small-scale, so I don't swamp myself, I have a few categories:

  • Best Band of '12
  • Favourite Live Band (an admittedly narrow category of course, dependent on who I've seen)
  • Best Song...
  • Best New Band
  • Things To Watch in 2013
  • Best EPs/Mini-Albums of 2012
  • And the main event...Top 10 Albums of  2012
  • I also feel appropriate to add 2 extraneous categories created for the the recipient(s) alone.
  • Maybe a 'Things That Were In Some Way Sh*t In 2012'
So, I said there wouldn't be many...slight lie, but I've got most of them shortlisted, and I'm beginning work on them now. I'm thinking of putting them out just after Christmas, mainly to allow myself the time to add finishing touches to reviews, but I will chuck out a few band names now to give an idea of what's to come.


Up for my valuable awards are;
Gojira, Parkway Drive, Falling In Reverse, Blitz Kids, Muse, While She Sleeps, Biffy Clyro, Deftones, The Chariot, Enter Shikari, Neurosis, Queens Of The Stone Age, The Gaslight Anthem and Baroness, among many others. I still haven't decided Album of '12, for me the biggest, so it's going to be an arduous few weeks of listening to music. Oh life. x

No comments:

Post a Comment