Friday 11 May 2012

SUPPORT TOM GABEL (AGAINST ME!)

I've only just learnt of the news that Against Me!'s Tom Gabel is transgender, and will be undergoing hormone and electrolysis treatment to eventually become Laura Jane Grace. 


While AM! aren't a band I've ever listened to, that's irrelevant, and this is an instance where us, as part of the rock community, should unite behind her and show her all the support that we can possibly give - I can't personally fathom the difficulty she must have had in making this decision, and making it public for that matter, and to anyone who decries it in any way, I say to you what reason do you have to do so? 


My thoughts also go out to her wife, who is staying with Laura/Tom through this. But mainly, to Laura Jane Grace, you're commendably brave, and we're behind you.

No comments:

Post a Comment