Saturday 21 April 2012

OH MASTODON, MASTODON, HOW I LOVE THEE.

The very first notes I heard played by Mastodon was that epic intro to Oblivion, and I was hooked. One of the only successes my dad has had in influencing my musical taste is instilling a great love of prog, and when a friend was talking about Crack The Skye being unlike anything they'd every done, so much more progressive than their usual 'sludge metal', I was intrigued and picked it up purely on that whim. That was such a good idea.

Since then, I've listened to them more and more, and only recently started venturing backward through the history of Mastodon, after I saw them in February. I've only picked up Leviathan so far, but sweet zombie Jesus it's such a great record.

So this is just an outpouring of love for one of the best metal bands around, and my favourite as well, and one of the world's greatest bands across all genres.

No comments:

Post a Comment